Sunday, December 2, 2007

Online Exhibition

Pollution Series: Deformed Frogs Lithograph
Pollution Series: Factory Lithograph





Pollution Series: Oil Spill Lithograph Pollution Series: Oil Spill 2 Lithograph



I am doing a series on pollution and here are four of my prints from the series. The first is a scene of deformed frogs that became that way from chemicals that humans let into the environment. The second is a factory emitting smoke into the air polluting the air that we breathe. The third is an oil spill with two birds full of oil and dead fish in the water to show how our actions hurt the environment. The fourth is the same image as the second transfered back onto my stone and then I drew over the transfer with a wet crayon to make the water look more like an oil spill.
I would have to say that Kim Berman has inspired me the most this semester content wise but Sue Coe has inspired me in lithographic printing techniques. I think the social art centered blog was a great idea for this semester and I think it has helped me develop my ideas for my series and opened my eyes to how I can make a difference through my artwork.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Meagan-

this series looked awesome on the board today! ALso- thanks for my amazing mug!

Brett Mindrec Robertson said...

AHEAD Coalition would like to use your Factory Lithograph as "inspiration" for their Clean Air Crawfordsville campaign (in a PhotoShop montage).

http://mindrec.org/mindrec/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/factorysmokesm.jpg

How should I credit your art work?

mindrec@comcast.net